- We typically have over 80,000 books for sale.
- 45 sorted and priced genre categories. For a list of categories see below.
- The children's area typically has about 20,000 books.
- Extensive collection of rare and out-of-print books. Each year this comprises about 10,000 - 20,000 books.
- The sale is held in the high school gym.
- Refreshments and food will be available during the sale.
Pricing & Payment
These are the prices for the 2020 Book Sale:
- Fiction and non-fiction with copyrights between 2017 and 2020 (hardcover and trade) - $5.00
- Fiction and non-fiction with copyrights between 2015 and 2016 (hardcover and trade) - $3.00
- Fiction and non-fiction with copyrights between 1973 and 2014 (hardcover and trade) - $2.00
- Paperbacks - 5 for $1.00 (no proration for lesser quantities)
- Children's - most between $0.25 and $3.00
- ACT/SAT prep and review between 2017 and 2020 - $5.00
- Textbooks - individually priced. Generally between $2.00 and $5.00
- Special Items and Collectibles - individually priced
Note: This is the average pricing list. There may be a few exceptions.
Cash or checks are accepted. No credit cards.
Paying by check? The person whose name is on the check must show a photo id when paying.
Book Sale Rules
These rules are to ensure everyone's safety, to be fair to all our patrons and to keep UHS compliant with fire code regulations. We thank you for your cooperation.
- Leave food, beverages, outside of sales areas.
- Supervise your children.
- No hoarding of books
- To keep the aisles more accessible, strollers are only permitted if you have a small child.
- Once books have been paid for, they must be removed from the building. You may re-enter the sale to make additional purchases.
On Sunday, February 23rd 2020, we offer a Bag Sale from 11 AM - 3 PM. The details:
- To enter the Bag Sale you pay $10 (cash only) for a bag at the gym entrance.
- Bags must be purchased from the UHS Book Sale.
- You may fill the bag you have purchased from us with any books you choose.
- Bag may not be overflowing. If a bag overflows you will need to purchase another bag for $10.
- You may buy as many bags as you choose.
- No other form of book collection (suit cases, metal carts, boxes, etc...) is allowed into the gym during the Bag Sale.
Deprecated: Non-static method modRokFeatureTableHelper::getData() should not be called statically in /home/customer/www/uhsbooksale.org/public_html/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/callback.php on line 159
Deprecated: Non-static method modhdArticleHelper::getTheArticle() should not be called statically in /home/customer/www/uhsbooksale.org/public_html/modules/mod_articlemod/mod_articlemod.php on line 5
Open the 2020 Used Book Sale Mailer.